Workstem’ strives to provide employers and their employees who use Workstem’ service to manage their HR needs (collectively, Users, or you), a user-friendly platform that handles a wide spectrum of HR-related matters – from simple on-boarding and off-boarding of employees to payroll process.
To do this, we recognize you must trust us with your personal information. Maintaining your trust is one of Workstem’s top priorities, and as a result, we abide by the following principles to protect your privacy:
- Because privacy and security go hand-in-hand, we have implemented industry standard administrative, technical and physical security safeguards designed to protect your and your employees’ information.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
The amount of information we collect depends on which features of the Service you use. Workstem needs personal information about you, your employees, and their dependents as applicable to provide the Service, and your providing the information to us constitutes your consent to our processing of this information. Additionally, because we provide a wide range of HR and benefits management features, we may collect information about you from your employer, rather than directly from you. More specifically, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Registration Information: Your email address and password (your login credentials), and other information necessary to set up your account on the Service, which will depend on the features you use or your employer chooses to use.
- Identity information: Your name, physical address, Your identity card, and other identifiers used to manage and track human resources processes and benefits.
- Bank account information: Workstem needs bank account details if you use the Service to provide payroll services.
- Information from Third-Party Sites and Services: If you use Workstem to manage third party services that integrate with the Service, we may have access to your information on such third-party services. We may, for example, have information about your use of a third-party payroll service provider.
- Device and IP Information: When you access the Service, we automatically receive the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer or the proxy server that you use to access the internet, in addition to other technical information such as your computer operating system details, your type of web browser, your mobile device (including your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system), your mobile operating system, and the name of your ISP or mobile carrier. Workstem may log this information and analyze it to determine anomalous behavior, detect threats and generally improve the Service.
- From your interaction with Customer Support: When you contact our customer support team, we may review your Workstem user profile. Customer support will collect the information necessary to categorize your questions, respond to them, and, if applicable, investigate and resolve any issue you bring to our attention or that we discover independently. We may also use this information to track potential problems and trends, improve the Service, and customize our support responses to better serve you.
2. USES AND DISCLOSURES OF YOUR INFORMATION
Workstem uses the information it collects about you as set forth below:
- To provide the Service: Workstem uses the information it collects to provide the Service to our Users – including to provide User-specific and customized experiences where necessary and appropriate, with the goal of enabling hassle-free HR through our platform.
- To improve and customize the Service: Workstem seeks to improve your experience with the Service. As a result, we will analyze data we collect about your use of the Service to inform how we can improve our products, including our software, infrastructure, user interfaces, and integrations with our partners.
- To integrate with Third Parties: To support our Users and streamline the HR experience, Workstem may integrate our system with third parties. For example, Workstem may integrate the Service to support your preferred payroll service. If you have an independent direct relationship with a third party integrated into the Service, any permissions you may have granted to that third party will govern their use of your data.
Otherwise, any third party used by Workstem to help provide the Services will not have any independent right to access or use your personal information.
- To communicate with you: Workstem wants to help you know how to best take advantage of the Service, especially as we improve and develop new features. We may send messages relating to your use of the Service – for example, we may send you a note that open enrollment has commenced. We may also send you messages about Service-related matters through our dashboard or by email. Also, because we want to improve the Service, we may occasionally send promotional materials out via email so that you are able to take advantage of new or unused features. More details about our advertising and marketing activities are provided below. You can control whether you receive future non-Service-related messages by unsubscribing in the message itself.
- To advertise and market to you: As noted above, Workstem relies on cookies, beacons, and mobile SDKs to recognize your browser or mobile device in order to serve you ads. These same technologies are used by Workstem to analyze the effectiveness of our advertising and email marketing campaigns. Workstem may use third party services, data, and software tools to target advertising to you, perform campaign effectiveness analysis, help us identify and reach potential Users, and track the performance of our site and advertising generally. Workstem’ third party advertising vendors do not have any independent right to use Workstem’ data or that of its Users. Workstem will not use PHI in connection with any advertisement or marketing for you.
Depending on your mobile device, you also can control tracking technologies through your settings by resetting your advertising ID. Please note that the only way to completely “opt out” of the tracking that cookies and other technologies enable is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device, which may negatively impact your ability to use the Service.
- To work with our vendors and service providers: Workstem uses third party vendors and service providers to provide the Service to you. For example, we use Amazon Web Services (AWS) to host the Service in the secure AWS cloud, and, as mentioned above, we also use third parties to help us advertise and market to you.
- To comply with valid legal process and similar disclosures: Workstem may disclose your information as permitted by law or as reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with a legal requirement or process, for example, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Workstem, our employees, or our Customers and Users.
3. YOUR CHOICES
- Right to access, correct, and delete your personal information: Users have a right to access, modify, correct, or delete personal information controlled by Workstem as necessary. In some cases, information deletion must be coordinated with the employer to ensure alternative HR systems are able to provide the User a legally compliant HR record-keeping system.
4. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Security: Workstem has implemented industry standard administrative, technical, and physical security safeguards designed to protect the personal information that you provide. Access to your data on our Service is password-protected, and data is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Service. We also support secure https access to the workstem.com website. To protect any data you store on our servers, we also regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
As you know, however, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, and as a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our administrative, technical, or physical safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please help keep your account safe by using a strong password.
- Users under the age of 13: The Service is a general audience site not directed at children under the age of 13. Unless listed as a dependent under an adult’s insurance policy or other insurance benefits, Workstem does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13 that is not a dependent of one of our Users, please contact us as set out in Section 5 below.
5. CONTACT US
You may contact us by mail at:
OneJob Group Limited
4/F, Lee Garden Three
1 Sunning Road, Causeway Bay
You may also reach us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org