What is 360 degree feedback?
360 degree feedback, also referred to as the 360-degree reviews or 360 degree assessment, are a powerful tool for evaluating employee performance by garnering feedback from everyone who regularly deals with the employee. Typically, a 360 degree evaluator not only includes the supervisor, but also with colleagues and even subordinates who evaluate an employee’s performance according to certain criteria.
Why is 360 feedback important?
The most productive teams are enthusiastic about the application of 360 feedback in their organisation as they clearly know to become the best they can, they need to work together on continuous improvement and growth. Receiving the feedback and performance evaluation from such a wide range of sources allows employees and their managers to have a big picture of what their pros and cons are and make sure they are on the same page.
360 degree feedback examples
Here are some basic examples of 360 degree feedback questions.
Please rate (Subject’s name/ Yourself) on self-awareness relative to peers on the scale of 10:
- Keeps control of his/her emotions and behaviour, even when involved in high-pressure situations
- Is highly ethical
- Acts professionally
- Learns from his/her mistakes
Please rate (Subject’s Name/Yourself) in terms of drive for results relative to peers on the scale of 10:
- Is focused on the needs of the customer
- Is a problem solver
Please rate (Subject’s Name/Yourself) proficiency in leadership relative to peers on the scale of 10:
- Inspires continuous growth and learning in others
- Handles conflict in an appropriate manner
- Takes initiative to solve problems
- Motivates others to reach their goals
Please rate (Subject’s Name/Yourself) ability with interpersonal communication on the scale of 10:
- Communicates openly/effectively with others
- Is open and receptive to feedback/seeks out feedback
Please rate (Subject’s Name/Yourself) ability with teamwork on the scale of 10:
- Works well in a team
- Gives constructive and helpful feedback
- Treats others with respect
- Responds constructively to the mistakes of others
- Is open to change and innovation
At Workstem, we fully believe in the strength of companies is in people. Many of our users found that it is a much more productive way to manage their team with the leading one-shop management HR software. Thanks to our all AI-enabled system, you could also design your own commission, leave and other relevant policies to recognize the team with rewards and feedback!