What is part-time meaning?
Part-time job, which means that it is opposite to the concept of a full-time job. The weekly working hours are less than full-time jobs. It is generally a job that students/housewives find outside of school or their own work.
*Definition of part-time job: Refers to employees who hold other jobs concurrently besides their own jobs. In addition to receiving the wages of their own jobs, part-timers can also receive the wages of their concurrent jobs according to the standard.
The importance of part-time job
If full-time employees cannot be recruited quickly, part-time employees can relieve the urgent need.
The benefits of part-time job
- Recruitment is relatively easy, and employment is flexible, which can reduce employment risks to a certain extent;
- The labor cost is low, and the salary is calculated according to the actual working hours/workload;
- It can be used as a future manpower reserve. Part-time employees can be used as a backup for full-time employees, and part-time employees can be converted into full-time employees according to the company’s development needs.
- More controllable costs: If the company is in urgent need of manpower during peak business seasons, it can hire qualified professionals to work part-time, and reduce the number of part-time employees after the peak season, so as to control the company’s labor costs effectively;
Part-time job can
- Improve work-life balance;
- Easier access to experience: Part-time employees don’t need a lot of work experience to try new jobs, and they don’t need a full-time contract to find the right company culture.
Learn more: sample employment contract (part-time work)
Best-recommended! Workstem one-stop human resource management system can not only accurately record attendance and on and off-work records, but also check whether part-time employees meet the 418 conditions at any time to ensure that they receive appropriate rights, avoid unnecessary labor disputes, and protect the company operates legally and compliantly.